Want to win, submit your photo and almond flour recipe by clicking HERE.
Cake (yields 1 layer; multiply as desired):
1/2 c. blanched almond flour
1/4 c. coconut flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 c. vanilla yogurt
1/4 c. melted butter
3 Tbsp. honey
1+1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 tsp. lemon zest
1/4 tsp. lemon essential oil (food grade)
Lemon Curd Filling:
4 eggs, well-beaten
3/4 c. honey
1/2 c. water
Juice from 1 large lemon
Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 c. heavy whipping cream
1 8-oz. package cream cheese, softened
1+1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 dash salt
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line bottom of 8-inch round cake pan(s) with parchment paper.
2. Blend together dry ingredients in bowl of food processor or stand mixer. Add all remaining ingredients and mix on med-high for 2 minutes.
3. Pour batter into prepared cake pan(s) and bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of cake comes out clean.
4. Let cake(s) cool in pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto wire cooling rack. Cool completely before filling/frosting.
For lemon curd filling:
1. In medium saucepan over med-low heat, stir together the honey, lemon juice and water.
2. Once honey is dissolved, slowly whisk in well-beaten eggs. Continue whisking as mixture thickens and comes to a gentle boil (approximately 5-7 minutes).
3. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely before assembling cake.
For whipped cream cheese frosting:
1. Pour heavy whipping cream into chilled bowl (one with tall sides works best) and beat with electric mixer until able to hold stiff peaks; set aside.
2. In medium bowl, cream together cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and salt.
3. Gently fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture, folding until uniform in color and consistency.
Once cake(s), lemon curd filling, and whipped cream cheese frosting have been prepared and all heated components have thoroughly cooled, assemble cake layer upon layer, placing the lemon curd filling between each layer. Frost generously with whipped cream cheese frosting, and garnish with lemon zest or lemon curls if desired. Chill and serve!