Hello everyone – I am Tina Turbin the creator of the website, PaleOmazing. I love creating delicious grain-free and always gluten-free recipes that empower the body and do not have a load of unnecessary unhealthy carbohydrates. I am a diagnosed celiac with two of my three kids also diagnosed with CD and all my recipes are keen towards better nutrition. I have been working in this arena professionally for well over 10 years now!
I hope you enjoy this particular recipe. It is a hit at our table. I do suggest making extra and freezing some up. They freeze beautifully; just thaw and they taste just as good as fresh baked. These are very basic paleo muffins. Not sweet and can be eaten cold, warmed or toasted in the morning with a little melted butter or coconut oil. These are ideal to start out on when breaking the sugar habit. They’re great to take to restaurants too. I just pack them up in a baggy.
I hope you enjoy my recipe and if you’d like to find more recipes, please check out my PaleOmazing blog at www.PaleOmazing.com where you will find many more other delicious low-carb, grain-free and gluten-free, sans sugar recipes and numerous meal ideas and tips for a heathy lifestyle. Please do email me with any questions at all. Enjoy!
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon ground chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon lucuma (not mandatory)
- 1 tablespoon maple crystals (not mandatory)
- 1 tablespoon date sugar (if not using maple, then add an additional tablespoon of date sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 tablespoon vanilla powder
- ½ teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Sift all of the dry ingredients together until well combined.
- Slowly stir in the eggs and almond milk and mix well.
- Add in the vinegar and mix all together.
- Fill greased muffin tin ⅓ full.
- Place in center of oven on middle rack.
- Bake for approximately 11 minutes.
- Cool before serving.