Popcorn is one of those classic always satisfying treats. When you add some caramel and a hint of salt, well then it’s really tough to pass on. From an afternoon snack to a spiced up movie treat, this recipe will have you asking for seconds. Which is totally fine, because our #NationalCaramelPopcornDay recipe is ridiculously easy.
Okay, let’s jump right in, shall we?
- 1 cup Honeyville popcorn kernels
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
- Preheat Oven to 300°.
- Prep a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper, set aside
- Airpop the popcorn.
- In a small saucepan melt, over medium/low heat, butter and brown sugar. bring to a simmer for 4-5 minutes, stirring gently.
- Add in honey, vanilla, and 1 tsp sea salt.
- Carefully pour mixture over the popcorn and stir until fully coated.
- Place on parchment-lined baking sheet and sprinkle remaining sea salt on top of the popcorn.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes to avoid burning.
- Allow popcorn to cool before eating.
How easy is that? You can always skip the baking step, but keep in mind that the popcorn will be a bit sticky, although it will still be just as delicious!