Hi, Fellow Foodies! This is my second, maybe third go ’round on the Honeyville blog. My name is Brit and I’m a member of the marketing team. Since I spend so much time around food each day, it’s only natural that I think of several approaches to pretty traditional dishes. One day, I was pecking away at my keyboard and started craving macaroni and cheese. I’d told a few of my teammates how good mine is (beep, beep) and they essentially told me to put my money where my mouth was. Well, that’s what I did and the reactions were amazing! Keep reading to find out how to make the BEST macaroni and cheese.
The Ultimate (Food Storage) Baked Mac & Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly coat a 9 x 13 in. baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Re-hydrate all of your cheese with room temperature water, except for the Powdered Cheese Sauce. Set aside.
- Add hot water (microwaved or otherwise) to Powdered Cheese Sauce. Stir the water in as you pour to reduce clumping.
- Combine onions. garlic powder, and pepper with the cheese sauce and stir to evenly distribute them.
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil. Add the macaroni and boil until pasta is tender.
- Drain the macaroni and set aside once it’s done.
- When all of the freeze dried cheese is re-hydrated, add to your cheese sauce. Mix until all parts are combined well. Pour milk into the sauce and continue to mix well.
- Pour your mixture into the baking pan/casserole dish. Make sure it’s level so it bakes evenly.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes depending on your browning preferences (I prefer my Mac & Cheese a little brown around the perimeter and on top).
- Once it’s done, let it cool down a bit.
- Enjoy that cheesy goodness!