How are you doing on your New Year’s resolution to lose weight. Um wait a minute…shouldn’t that be a January blog post? Nope. Not for Chef Tess who has made it a real goal to keep moving forward this year even past January! How about you? Are you still struggling? I have work days that last long. Do you? How about a crazy busy schedules that sometimes doesn’t really allow you to stop for much of anything? I do too, but I’m still on track. One thing that has been helping me a lot is having a quick-grab ready-made meal on hand. This winter it has been the addition of some thick turkey and chicken stews using Honeyville’s freeze dried and dehydrated products. They have been delicious and easy to run with.
- When I travel, I pack a few in mylar bags and put them in my check-in luggage!
- Take them to work or school for lunch.
- College students.
- Easy to prepare meals in hotel rooms.
- Emergency food storage for people that may have carbohydrate issues (like diabetics).
- They are gluten-free, sugar-free, and low is cholesterol.
Cost per meal is right around 4$. Yup. They’re cheaper than a drive-thru burger and fries. For right around 245 calories, 4 grams of fat and 15 carbs it is just perfect!
Chef Tess’ Personal Sized
Lean Protein Veggie Hearty Soup Base
More often than not, I eat them straight from the jar by just adding the 3 cups of boiling water to the jar and covering for 10 minutes. It’s perfect! They fill me up, and still keep me focused on my goals.
There you go my darlings! Make some healthy soups!
More information on the meals can be found in the links below:
- How to make homemade mylar packed meals
- Food Saver Vacuum Packing Meals in a Jar Tutorial and New Louisiana Chicken Gumbo Recipe
- Emergency Preparedness and Everyday Convenience COMPLETE Meal- in-A-Jar Mixes (7 day Menu)
Oh…and join me this Saturday from 3-5 PM AZ time as I visit 550 KFYI Fox Radio for a great show Cookin’ with Jan D’Atri. This week is all about detoxing your body and on how to cook some healthy vegetarian dishes! The show will be featuring Honeyville products weekly and can be heard live nationally on iheart.com!
Always My Very Best,
Your Friend Chef Tess