It’s a pleasure to be a guest here at The Cookin’ Cousins blog. I’m a huge fan of Honeyville blanched almond flour because, as my Test Kitchen Showdown proved, it consistently produces lighter, fluffier baked goods.
One of my favorite ways to use almond flour is to create delicious desserts that are chock-full of healthy whole food ingredients, like this perfectly pumpkin-y cake.
This incredibly moist and delightful treat really captures the fabulous flavors of fall, and it always gets rave reviews from kids and adults alike. We hope you and your family enjoy it too!
Wishing you a Happy Fall!
Pumpkin Spice Cake (GF)
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups Honeyville Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 6 oz organic cream cheese, room temp
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup heavy cream (raw milk cream, or pasteurized only is best)
1. First make the batter: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove the bottom round of a 9×3-inch springform pan. Using parchment paper, trace the bottom round and cut the paper to fit the bottom neatly. Place the bottom back into the springform pan and secure in place. Lightly oil the pan and then place the parchment cut-out into the bottom of the pan and lightly oil it as well. (If you don’t have a springform pan, you can use a parchment-lined 9×9-inch baking dish instead.)
2. In a small bowl, combine the almond flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin spice. Set aside.
3. Using an electric hand mixer, blend (on low speed) the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, eggs and vanilla for 1- 2 minutes, until well combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet and continue mixing for a full minute, until smooth and well blended.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan, making sure to even out the top.
5. Bake for approximately 25-28 minutes, until a toothpick insert in center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely, then place in the fridge to chill.
6. While the cake is baking, make the frosting: Using an electric hand mixer, blend together the first three Cream Cheese Frosting ingredients until smooth and creamy.
7. In a separate bowl, whip the cream until soft, stiff peaks form.
8. Using a rubber spatula, add the cream cheese mixture to the whipped cream and gently fold the two together. Refrigerate frosting until cake is completely cooled.
9. If using a springform pan, remove the cake from the pan and place on a cake stand.
10. Frost the chilled cake and serve immediately. (Or refrigerate up to 12 hours before serving.) Enjoy.