Hello Honeyville Fans, this is Tina Turbin of PaleOmazing and I’m so glad to be back with your again, sharing one of my favorite gluten-free recipes.
Coffee and cacao! What more can we really ask for? These are great adult sugar-free cupcakes and work well as an on-the-go breakfast that’s both sweet and a great pick me up, as well as an ideal dessert any time of day or night. Top it with the frosting of your choice
I hope you enjoy these cupcakes as much as I do. There’s nothing better in the morning that a sweet, delicious cupcake to start your day off right!
1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp Honeyville Organic Coconut Flour
1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp Honeyville Blanched Almond Flour
3 Tbsp Tapioca Starch
¼ cup Dutch Cocoa
1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
1/3 cup Ghee or Grass-fed Butter
1/3 cup Honey
2 large Eggs
½ cup fresh cold-brewed Coffee or plain dark roast
2 tsp Vanilla extract
½ tsp Vinegar
Pinch of Salt
OPTIONAL: 2 bacon strips- cooked
1) Make sure your ghee or butter, honey, eggs and coffee are at room temperature.
2) Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
3) Line cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
4) In a mixing bowl sift coconut flour, almond flour, tapioca flour, cocoa and baking powder together.
5) In another bowl use an electric hand mixer to cream the ghee, honey, eggs, coffee and vanilla together.
6) Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and slowly stir until thoroughly incorporated.
7) Do not overmix.
8) Add the vinegar and salt last and mix for another 10 seconds.
9) Batter will be fluffy and light.
10) Pour batter into liners until ½ full.
11) Bake for 15 minutes and test for doneness. They will spring back very slightly.
12) Let cool completely on a cooling rack.
13) Top with frosting of your choice.
OPTIONAL: use strips of bacon to make any decoration/designs of your choice.