Are you feeling the heat yet? We, in Southern California, will be the first to tell you we definitely are! With temperatures rising, ushering us into the magnificent solstice that we call Summer, it’s time for a little cool down. If you’re not feeling the heat quite yet, you can add oats for a little protein and have it as a little morning pick-me-up. This smoothie is super simple and you get to put your food storage to work!
Yields About 4 Servings
For the mango layer:
- heaping 1 cup frozen (overnight) Freeze Dried Mango Pieces
- 1 1/2 cup orange juice
- 6 tbsp water
- heaping 1 cup frozen (overnight) Freeze Dried Strawberries
- 1 cup orange juice, more IF needed
- 1 tbsp honey or sugar, optional
- For the mango layer: Place all of the ingredients in the body of the blender; pulse until smooth, adding a little more orange juice or water to thin, if needed.
- For the strawberry layer: Place all of the ingredients in the body of the blender; pulse until smooth, adding a little more orange juice to thin, if needed.
- Assembly: Fill each glass halfway with the mango mix then fill the rest of the glass with the strawberry mix. Add straws and serve immediately.