Raise your hand if you love Mexican food! We’re raising our hands very high. This dish comes from one of our Customer Service team members.
She wanted to make a traditional dish using freeze dried food to show the versatility of long-term food storage; it’s not just for emergencies.
What You Need:
2 cups of Freeze Dried White Chicken
2 cups of Freeze Dried Bell Peppers
1/3 cup of Dehydrated Onions
1 1/2 cups of Long-Grain White Rice
1 tbsp of Tomato Powder (as a seasoning)
2 pinches of Himalayan Salt
1/2 tsp of All-Purpose Seasoning
1 pinch of ground pepper
2 pinches of garlic powder
- Re-hydrate the chicken, bell peppers and onions. They should be ready after about 15 minutes.
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil and add the rice. Cook for 15-20 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Pour Canola Oil into a skillet over medium-low heat and add chicken.
- Season the chicken with salt and garlic powder to taste.
- Cook the chicken for about 15 minutes, then add the bell peppers, onions, All-Purpose Seasoning, and tomato powder.
- Keep over heat, while mixing the contents of the pan occasionally for another 10-15 minutes.
- All done, now enjoy!