Breakfast is usually pretty boring around my house. Mostly because my husband and I are up early and hit the snooze button until the absolute last minute. During the weekday, it typically consists of eggs or a breakfast protein smoothie. During the weekend, I like to go all out for breakfast. Pancakes, crepes, breakfast sandwiches, or veggie omelets. This weekend, nothing sounded better than the mixture of sweet and tart. And what better holiday mixture than cranberries, dark chocolate, and syrup?!
These pancakes are incredibly easy. Simply mix the wet ingredients and then add the dry ingredients. Add the dried cranberries and dark chocolate and fold gently. Pour onto a hot griddle or skillet and enjoy!
You will fall in love with this recipe! It’s bursting with flavor in every slice, and is moist due to the 2 eggs and almond milk. You can serve these pancakes plain, sprinkled with powdered sugar, or drizzled with maple syrup, honey, or agave. You can’t go wrong any way you serve them.
- 1-3/4 cups Honeyville blanched almond flour (buy here)
- 1/2 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 c almond milk
- 1.5 oz dark chocolate, chopped (I used Bakers 100% Cacao Premium Baking Bar, but use a smaller percentage if you don’t like it that bitter)
- 1/2 c dried cranberries
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs then add the almond milk and vanilla extract and mix.
- Add the almond flour, flaxseed meal, salt, and baking powder. Mix until smooth. Add cranberries and chopped up chocolate
- Heat a large skillet just above medium heat and add just enough oil to lightly coat the pan.
- Measure out ¼ cup of batter and pour into the skillet.
- Cook until the sides of the pancakes firm up and a bubble or two escapes from the top, about 3 to 4 of minutes.
- Carefully flip the pancakes (these are a little more fragile than wheat flour pancakes), cook an additional 45 seconds to 1 minute then repeat with remaining batter.
Hi, I’m Marisa Christensen! A certified personal trainer and soon-to-be Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN). I’m a lover of health, wellness, travel, and happiness sharing my tips and tricks for a balanced lifestyle, and affordable travels. I provide nutrition and fitness services while inspiring you to eat happy, and live fully.