Greetings and Happy October! I can’t tell you how excited I am that autumn is here and it’s finally nippy outside. It’s almost as exciting as being back guest posting and sharing another delicious recipe using my favorite Honeyville blanched almond flour! Fall is officially the start of baking season, one of my favorite times of the year! My blog, Gourmet Girl Cooks, features hundreds of recipes that are low carb, grain and gluten free, and contain no added sugar.
My new recipe features one of my favorite fruits of the season; cranberries! Today’s recipe is for Cranberry Pecan Breakfast Twirls using Honeyville’s Blanched Almond Flour. These little breakfast twirls are so versatile. You can bake them together in a pan like cinnamon rolls where they spread into each other as they bake and then cover them with cream cheese frosting or a delicious cinnamon vanilla glaze. They can also be baked in a muffin pan where they keep contained as they bake into perfect round cranberry pecan twirls and the edges get nice and golden brown. They look exactly like the pecan twirls you buy in the store (but taste so much better). They are delicious when eaten warm and spread with a bit of cream cheese frosting or glaze. This recipe makes 1 dozen Cranberry Pecan Breakfast Twirls. They would make the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving breakfast menu, but don’t wait until then to give them a try. I like to use my own homemade sugar free cranberry sauce in these but you can easily substitute your own favorite cranberry sauce. Don’t be shocked when you find mozzarella cheese in the dough recipe. It is mild and adds no flavor whatsoever. What it does add though is the stretch and consistency of a wheat flour based dough and it gives the final baked product the same texture as well. You’ll never know it’s in there.
I hope you enjoy my gluten-free recipe for Cranberry Pecan Breakfast Twirls. If you’d like to find more recipes like this one, please check out my blog, Gourmet Girl Cooks at www.gourmetgirlcooks.com where you will find hundreds of other delicious low carb, grain and gluten free no-sugar added recipes and meal ideas.
- 8 ounces (2 cups) shredded mozzarella (whole milk or part skim)
- 3 ounces brick style cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cup Honeyville Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil, divided
- 2/3 cup cranberry sauce (I used my sugar free Cranberry Sauce recipe)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 ounces softened brick style cream cheese (very soft and almost melted)
- 4 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons confectioners style Swerve Sweetener (or other powdered sweetener)