We didn’t forget about those of you who may be daring! This recipe comes to you from one of our favorite people: Taryn of Joy Filled Eats. She deemed the occasion necessary to satisfy your sweet tooth with a little kick. Get the recipe for these gems after the jump.
Chocolate Champagne Cupcakes with Raspberry Icing are perfect for New Year’s Eve or any other special occasion. There is a hint of champagne in these classic chocolate raspberry cupcakes, just enough to make them extraordinary.
I love the texture of Honeyville’s almond flour and the taste of their cocoa powder. I highly recommend both for your baking needs.
- 1/2 cup Honeyville unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1.5 cups Honeyville blanched almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 sticks (6 oz) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar free sweetener (I use my blend of xylitol, erythritol, and stevia)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature
Raspberry Champagne Filling:
- 1 1/3 cups frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup sugar free sweetener (I use my blend of xylitol, erythritol, and stevia)
- 3 tbsp champagne
- 1/2 tsp gluccomannan
Raspberry Champagne Icing:
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar free sweetener (I use my blend of xylitol, erythritol, and stevia), finely ground
- 2/3 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2 tbsp champagne
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 20 cupcake holes with liners.
- Combine all the ingredients for the cupcakes in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Divide between the prepared cupcake tins. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool completely. They will sink a bit creating a well for the filling.
- Meanwhile, combine the first 3 filling ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-low heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Sprinkle the gluccomannan on top and stir well. Set aside.
- Next, to make the icing, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth with an electric mixer. Beat in the sweetener, raspberries, and champagne.
- When the cupcakes have cooled divide the filling between them. Pipe the icing on top. Store in the refrigerator.