Hi – It’s Jenny Finke again from GoodForYouGlutenFree.com. I am a food blogger who loves to share fun gluten free tips and recipes. I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease more than three years ago and ever since that fateful day in April 2013 I’ve been on a journey to heal my gut and find foods that taste good and are good for you.
I often try new cookie recipes to see what happens – after all, you never know when you’ll discover one that is so delicious and worth making time and time again. I made this wonderful recipe a few weeks ago during a dinner party I hosted for out-of-town friends. The cookies received rave reviews from the adults and picky kids – now this must be a crazy good chocolate chip cookie, right?!?
I’d like to share this fabulous gluten-free almond flour chocolate chip cookie recipe with you today. I found the recipe online from one of the many blogs I follow*. If you like doughy-textured, soft-baked cookies, you’re going to love everything about this gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipe.
The problem with these cookies is they are totally crave-worthy. Of course, you must eat these cookies, like everything else, in moderation. You’ve been warned… these cookies are hard to resist!
2 cups of Honeyville Blanched Almond Flour
1/3 cup Sugar
Pinch of Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 cup softened (not melted) Butter (equivalent to 1 stick)
1 large Egg
1 Tbsp Vanilla extract
1 cup of Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
2. Blend almond flour, sugar, salt and baking soda in a large bowl.
3. Add to dry ingredients stick of butter. Using your hands (I recommend gloves), combine the butter and dry ingredients.
4. Add egg and vanilla to mixture and continue to blend by hands. The mixture will be wet. Add chocolate chips.
5. Roll 1 inch dough balls by hand and place on baking sheet. Do not flatten the cookie – they will bake up really soft in the middle if you leave them in the rounded shape. You’ll have enough dough to make about 14-16 cookies.
6. Cook in oven for about 12-13 minutes until top of cookies start to brown. Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes before removing from the tray and diving in!
Store cookies in a airtight baggie for up to 3-4 days.
*This recipe is inspired by the Wellness Mama blog.