With just one taste, I’m sure your family will be amazed at just how delicious gluten-free, grain-free baking can be! With its aromatic fall-inspired spices paired with rich pumpkin flavor and light, moist texture, these easy-to-make pumpkin bars are a delight to each of the senses!
Developing healthy and delicious recipes the whole family will enjoy – whether they’re living gluten-free or not – is a real passion of mine. It’s the reason I spent an entire year writing and photographing my first published cookbook, Everyday Grain-Free Baking.
With more than 100 delicious gluten-free recipes featuring Honeyville’s exceptional grain-free flours, it was hard to decide which recipe to bake first.
To celebrate the start of fall, we thought it would be fun to share this exclusive pumpkin recipe with you, as just one tasty example of the delicious gluten-free, grain-free creations you’ll find inside Everyday Grain-Free Baking!
Pecan Praline Pumpkin Bars (Gluten-Free, Grain-Free)
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Everyday Grain-Free Baking Cookbook
Makes 9 bars
Ingredients for Bars:
1 cup Honeyville Blanched Almond Flour
1 tsp Honeyville Organic Coconut Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 cup Pumpkin Purée
1/3 cup Pure Honey
2 large Eggs
1 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/4 tsp Vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly oil an 8×8-inch baking dish; set aside. Or line a mini-muffin tin with 24 paper liners.
2. For the pumpkin bars: In a small bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add the pumpkin, honey, eggs, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla. Whisk until well combined.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and continue whisking until thoroughly combined. Add the batter to the prepared baking dish and use an offset spatula to even out the top.
5. For the pecan topping: In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter (or coconut oil), honey and cinnamon. Add the pecan pieces and toss well to coat.
6. Sprinkle the pecan topping evenly across the top of the pumpkin bar batter, making sure to gently press it into the batter a bit.
7. Bake for 22-25 minutes for the bars or 18-20 minutes for mini-muffins, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool before cutting into bars. Enjoy!