Warehouse Team Member – Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Open Date: 8/10/2018
Number of positions: Five (5)
Shifts: (2) on 2nd Shift and (3) on 3rd Shift
This Position Reports Directly To: Warehouse Supervisor
The Warehouse Team Member will be support the day-to-day operations of the Warehouse department, including shipping, receiving, material handling and general warehouse functions, that ensure efficient operations and a safe working environment. This position reports directly to the Warehouse Supervisor.
- Ensure all trailers or containers are clean and sanitary before unloading/loading, complete clean trailer affidavit.
- Create load picking sheets, inspect product being shipped, ensure proper load patterns are used and legal shipment weights are met, use scan gun to pick orders being shipped.
- Ensure proper ingredients, lot numbers and date codes are correct for each product picked.
- Use scan gun to properly allocate product into inventory system.
- Handle and stocks products as directed to the appropriate assigned locations using hand truck, dolly, forklift or other device while maintaining and complying with all written safety, quality and GMP requirements.
- Uses safe practices at all times; respecting safety equipment, safe handling, lifting, indicated material handling per MSDS, Hazmat, OSHA, and all applicable safety requirements.
- Prepare product for delivery or pickup according to schedule (load, pack, wrap, label, ship, palletize).
- Ensure that product received is inspected and in acceptable form, all receiving documentation is reviewed and complete product is unloaded and distributed to proper storage location, use scan gun to receive product into inventory system.
- Ensure all trailers or containers are clean and sanitary before unloading/loading.
- Routinely communicates with team members to ensure compliance with established warehouse productivity, safety, and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Ability to work in a diverse workforce in a production environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. bags for most of the shift.
- Daily maintains the warehouse area and equipment by sweeping, mopping, and removing debris.
- Any tasks that support the processes of the production department.
- Champion the Company’s Vision, Mission and Core Values in every action and decision.
- Perform assignments and directives provided by the Leadership Team.
- Adheres to all safety guidelines Standards of performance (SOP’s), Good Manufacturing Processes (GMP’s), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- Must have Powered Industrial Truck (PIE) experience (certified) of 2 years or more.
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience. Previous experience in a food-packaging environment preferred.
- Relevant safety policies, practices, and procedures
- Storage and shipment of food products.
- Food and material handling
- Inventory control concepts and techniques
- Barcoding and Company computer systems
- Warehouse racking systems/processes
- Relevant regulatory procedures and standards (OSHA, USDA, AIB, HAACP, etc.
- Since all equipment documents and manuals are written in English they must have the ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions in English.
- Works efficiently and manages time effectively.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Frequently required to stand; walk; use of hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; and to talk; or hear. Ability to lift, push, pull and/ or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color and depth vision. Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock or vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud. Exposure to allergens such as Soy, Wheat, Tree Nuts, Milk/Dairy, eggs etc.
To be considered for the above position, please submit your resume to email@example.com
At Honeyville, Inc., career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their skills and professional growth to support our business objectives.