Sanitation Coordinator – Rancho Cucamonga, CA
The Sanitation Coordinator is responsible for the management of the Plant Sanitation and Pest Control programs. The individual will champion the Plant’s Sanitation and Pest Control programs, processes, and related programs to ensure that the Plant performance meets and/or exceeds company-wide expectations. This position reports directly to the facility QA Manager.
- Champion the Company’s Vision, Mission and Core Values in every action and decision.
- Lead the assigned operation to meet customer Quality and On-Time-Delivery requirements, while controlling cost, and maintaining a safe working environment.
- Develop and maintain an engaged, positive and effective manufacturing organization through selection, training/development, and motivation of the workforce.
- Create and analyze key performance indicators and take appropriate action(s) to ensure safety, quality, production, and growth goals are met.
- Provide leadership and commitment in support of continuing improvements in quality, productivity, and delivery performance.
- Enforces Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE’s), quality and proper documentation of processes. Enforcement of all company policies.
- Champion positive cultural change and employee engagement through collaboration, communication, accountability and a continuous learning environment.
- Establish “Visual Workplace” and Key Performance Indicators for areas of responsibility.
- Strict adherence to budgets and resource plans, and monitoring performance, to achieve sanitary requirements for the facility and Pest Control program.
- Coordinate and assist with corporate initiatives and participating on teams in order to drive best practices across Honeyville, Inc.
- Perform assignments and directives provided by the Quality Manager and the Plant Manager.
- Inspect, promote and maintain adherence to food safety cleanliness in the handling of product, ingredients and finished goods, using proper work procedures and compliance with Food Safety Standards as defined by the FDA, SQF, and Preventive Controls and Prerequisite programs under the direction of the QA Manager.
- Ensure the sanitation department meets all safety, quality, cost, policy compliance, and maintenance, objectives.
- Oversee and direct activities related to pest control including monitoring, record keeping, exclusion practices, treatment programs, and 3rd party vendor management. Understand and use chemical or non-chemical pest control systems. Certify / train in the use of pesticides, cleaners, and sanitizers.
- Management of facility sanitation activities including sanitary design reviews of all capital or plant driven projects.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of new sanitation programs as well as continuously improving existing programs. Includes the development and implementation of Master Cleaning Schedules for facility and grounds, and development of SSOPs for facility processes and equipment.
- Maintain hand washing station areas and GMP entry areas throughout facility. (Sanitation, supplies, foot sanitation supply, etc.)
- Responsible of staying abreast of new sanitation technologies and actively seek to advance current sanitation processes.
- Responsible for managing and working with the facility chemical vendor to optimize costs and improve sanitation processes. Budget, order, and manage usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies.
- Ensure chemical containers are properly marked and tagged and maintain a chemical inventory.
- Assist the Quality department with the management of all regulatory and external 3rd party audits as necessary.
- Perform internal audits in conjunction with Management Team and provide corrective action, and customer complaint support in relation to sanitation and pest control related issues.
- Support Quality and Production management in troubleshooting facility sanitation and pest control deficiencies, and in identifying root cause and eliminating issues.
- Participate on the Food Defense team.
- Conduct periodic safety audits as well as administer sanitation safety training (Chemical safety, HAZCOM, Pest Control, etc.)
- Oversee Waste Management for the facility.
- Oversee the 3rd party vendor for uniform service and all related activities.
- Create and present reports on department activities and readiness.
- Other sanitation, quality, and general duties as assigned.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Frequently required to stand; walk; use of hands and fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; and to talk; or hear. Ability to lift and/ or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color and depth vision. Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock or vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud. Exposure to allergens such as Soy, Wheat, Tree Nuts, Milk/Dairy, eggs, peanut, etc.
- Minimum of 3 years combined related work experience in food production or manufacturing environment.
- Sound financial understanding with the ability to formulate strategies based on financial data.
- Demonstrate ability to sustain improvements that align with company objectives.
- Working knowledge of sanitation and food safety principles and how they affect the overall success of the business.
- Demonstrated ability to perform root-cause analyses, suggest, and implement long term fixes for these items.
- Proven ability to collaborate with a wide variety of audiences with differing perspectives and frames of reference.
- Computer literate, including knowledge of and competence in manufacturing-related systems and Microsoft Office.
- Ensure production of Safe Quality Food at all times
- Lead culture change by example
- Strict adherence to HACCP, GMP’s and Quality Standards
- Strict adherence to Standard operating procedures (SOP’s)
- Strict adherence and enforcement of all Safety policies
- Reporting of near miss, injuries and property damage
- Ensure areas are organized and maintained to company standard (5s)
- On-time completion of Corrective actions
- Other duties as assigned