Quality Assurance Laboratory Technician – Ogden
Honeyville is pleased to announce the opening of a Quality Assurance Laboratory Technician– Honeyville Ogden Utah location. Closing date is: 12/5/2017. The following is a brief description of the position:
The QA Laboratory Technician will gather raw material and finished good samples and perform testing to ensure that the product meets specification, maintain a clean laboratory environment, organize and retain samples, send samples for analysis, review production paperwork and other GMP and SQF required documents This position will work closely with Quality and Production Teams to assure and monitor for the adherence to GMPs, SOPs, Food Safety regulations, and product and customer specifications. This position reports directly to the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Sample and test incoming ingredients, labels, and packaging materials
- Organize and maintain retain and control samples
- Perform in process testing (sensory, physical testing, moisture, density, allergen testing)
- Prepare samples for 3rd party laboratory testing
- Environmental sampling and testing
- Assist in the maintenance of the hold and release program
- Assist in product trials, customer taste panels and new project on-boarding
- Perform pre-operational inspection and verify line start up procedures
- Verify and monitor and audit production processes, lot code verifications, CCPs
- Perform In process quality checks and AQLs as necessary
- Review production paperwork
- Random checks for compliance to GMPs and SOPs
- Follow up on adherence to pre-requisite programs and verify documentation for sanitation logs, PM logs, building cleaning logs, pest control logs, daily calibration verification logs, and etc.
- Assist with Customer Complaint investigations, Root Cause Analysis on detected non-conformances, Corrective Actions, Rework, etc.
- Initiate and assign Corrective Actions and follow up on and assist in closing outstanding Corrective Actions
- Assist in the maintenance and creation of specification sheets, start-up sheets
- Back up Quality Assurance Technician when necessary
- Train Team Members on GMP and Food Safety principles
- Ensure Food Safety, and Food Defense and Security, and adherence to Current Good Manufacturing Practices.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- High School Diploma plus 2+ years’ experience in the food industry as QA or QC with a background in food manufacturing and food safety preferred.
- Experience with Auditing in a GMP environment and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Food safety experience, with strong working knowledge of US food manufacturing including Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)’s, SOP’s, HACCP, SQF, Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) readiness and compliance, auditing and inspections as well as environmental guidelines.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
To be considered for the above position, please submit your resume to email@example.com
At Honeyville, Inc., career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their skills and professional growth to support our business objectives.