Quality Assurance Clerk – Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Job Opportunity – Quality Assurance Clerk
Number of positions: (One) 3rd Shift
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Organization: Quality Assurance
HR Contact: Eduardo Cruz, Jennifer Aceves
This Position Reports Directly To: QA Manager
Plant Manager: Morgan Harris
The QA Clerk reviews documentation and expedites the flow of paperwork to ensure timely release of raw materials and finished goods; tracks holds and releases; keeps accurate records and logs; assists in the management of QMS programs, documents and processes.
- Log and track all incoming raw materials
- Review, approve, manage and file incoming raw material COAs
- Request COAs and other supporting documentation from vendors, as needed
- Prepare raw material COAs for outgoing shipments
- Investigate and manage hold of non-conforming materials
- Assist in documentation review, filing and scanning of batch production records and pre-requisite program records
- Review analytical results and reports
- Release finished goods and manage release logs
- Assist in the management of other Quality Management System programs and logs to ensure food safety and quality
- Assist with clerical tasks including compiling data, writing reports and trending data
- Cross train and back up QA Lab Tech, QA Technician and QA Data Specialist, as needed
- Assist in writing, reviewing and revising production paperwork, SOPs and forms
- Assist with other Quality Department projects and responsibilities, as needed
- Assist in teaching and enforcing GMP, SQF, and regulatory principles
- Meet Quality KPIs consistently
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use of hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; and to talk; or hear. Ability to lift and/ or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color and depth vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud. Exposure to allergens such as Soy, Wheat, Tree Nuts, Milk/Dairy, eggs, peanut, etc.
- Minimum one-year experience in Quality Assurance
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office and ERP preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to manage time wisely and able to work with little to no supervision
- Ability to understand and share Quality Assurance, SQF and regulatory standards.
- Ability to develop effective and appropriate formal communications, including plans and schedules.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills necessary to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-motivated desire for continuous improvement processes within scope of responsibilities.
- Ensure production of Safe Quality Food at all times
- Lead by example
- Documentation audits to ensure accurate information is recorded
- Strict adherence to HACCP, GMP’s and Quality Standards
- Strict adherence to Standard operating procedures (SOP’s)
- Strict adherence and enforcement of all Safety policies
- Reporting of near miss, injuries and property damage
- Assist Honeyville Managers in the removal of barriers preventing company goals and objectives from be obtained.
- On-time completion of Corrective actions and other assignments.
- Collaborate with other Quality team members, Warehouse team members to ensure on time delivery and that quality objectives are met.
- Other duties as assigned