Quality Assurance Technician (PM) – Ogden
Honeyville is pleased to announce the opening of a Quality Assurance Technician (PM) – Honeyville Ogden Utah location. Closing date is: 8/3/18. The following is a brief description of the position:
Honeyville has a full-time opening for QA Technician on the PM Shift (Thursday-Saturday). The QA Technician will be responsible to assure and monitor for the adherence to GMPs, SOPs, food safety regulations, and product and customer specifications; gather samples, perform in-process testing and monitoring of production areas, and work in a team environment to train and mentor others. This position reports directly to the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Sample incoming ingredients, labels and packaging materials as needed
- Organize and maintain retain samples
- Perform pre-operational inspection and verify line start up procedures
- Environmental sampling and testing
- Monitor production processes and perform random checks for compliance to GMPs and SOPs
- Perform in-process quality checks and AQLs, lot code verification, verify and monitor CCPs
- Perform in process testing (organoleptic, physical testing, allergen testing)
- Prepare samples for 3rd party laboratory testing
- Assist in maintaining the hold and release program
- Internal GMP auditing
- Follow up on adherence to pre-requisite programs and requirements including: verifying documentation for sanitation, preventive maintenance, building cleaning, pest control, calibration and verification, and etc.
- Assist with investigations for customer complaints, corrective and preventive action investigations, non-conforming materials.
- Initiate and assign corrective actions
- Review of production paperwork
- Train and mentor Team Members on GMP, Food Safety principles and SOPs
- Ensure Food Safety, and Food Defense and Security, and adherence to Current Good Manufacturing Practices.
Qualifications and Educational Requirement
- High School Diploma plus 2+ years’ experience in the food industry as QA Tech preferred
- Experience with Auditing in a GMP environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Food safety experience, with working knowledge of Food manufacturing GMP, HACCP, SQF
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Frequently required to stand; walk; use of hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; and to talk; or hear. Ability to lift and/ or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color and depth vision. Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock or vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud. Exposure to allergens such as Soy, Wheat, Tree Nuts, Milk/Dairy, Eggs etc.
To be considered for the above position, please submit your resume to email@example.com
At Honeyville, Inc., career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their skills and professional growth to support our business objectives.
rev. date- 07/19/2018