QA Lab Technician (Days) – Ogden, UT
Honeyville is pleased to announce the opening of a QA Lab Technician (Day Shift) – Honeyville Ogden Utah location. Closing date is: 8/3/2018. The following is a brief description of the position:
The QA Laboratory Technician will gather raw material and finished good samples and perform testing to ensure that the product meets specification, maintain a clean laboratory environment, organize and retain samples, send samples for analysis, review production paperwork and other GMP and SQF required documents This position will work closely with Quality and Production Teams to assure and monitor for the adherence to GMPs, SOPs, Food Safety regulations, and product and customer specifications. This position reports directly to the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Sample and test incoming ingredients, labels, and packaging materials
- Organize and maintain retain and control samples
- Perform in process testing (sensory, physical testing, moisture, density, allergen testing, pH, titratable acidity, salt, brix)
- Prepare samples for 3rd party laboratory testing
- Environmental sampling and testing
- Review production paperwork
- Assist in product trials, customer taste panels and new project on-boarding
- Keep laboratory clean and organized
- Assist in the maintenance of the hold and release program, as necessary
- Perform pre-operational inspection, as needed
- Assist with Customer Complaint investigations, Root Cause Analysis on detected non-conformances, Corrective Actions, Rework, etc.
- Initiate and assign Corrective Actions and follow up on and assist in closing outstanding Corrective Actions
- Assist in the maintenance and creation of specification sheets, start-up sheets
- Back up Quality Assurance Technician when necessary
- Train Team Members on GMP and Food Safety principles
- Ensure Food Safety, and Food Defense and Security, and adherence to Current Good Manufacturing Practices.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- High School Diploma plus 2+ years’ experience in the food industry as QA or QC with a background in food manufacturing and food safety preferred.
- Experience with Auditing in a GMP environment and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Food safety experience, with strong working knowledge of US food manufacturing including Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)’s, SOP’s, HACCP, SQF, Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) readiness and compliance, auditing and inspections as well as environmental guidelines.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Frequently required to stand; walk; use of hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; and to talk; or hear. Ability to lift and/ or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color and depth vision. Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock or vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud. Exposure to allergens such as Soy, Wheat, Tree Nuts, Milk/Dairy, eggs etc.
To be considered for the above position, please submit your resume to email@example.com
At Honeyville, Inc., career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their skills and professional growth to support our business objectives.
rev. date- 11/28/17