IT Systems Analyst – Ogden, UT
This Position Reports Directly To: Director of IT
The IT System Analyst proactively participates in managing and connecting to several different data sources, systems and technologies. Experience with web site design and related data structures, developing and evolving high quality, extensible Business Intelligence (BI) solutions and interpretation of results using a variety of techniques ranging from simple data aggregation to complex data mining. This individual will be responsible system management and integration between website data sources, internal data systems and various database and accounting environments. In addition, they will perform all aspects of analysis and report development ranging from requirement gathering to creating advanced dashboards while demonstrating the ability to deliver results in a dynamic environment. Experience with E-Commerce and web development a plus. This position reports directly to the Director of IT.
- Develops and implements complex reporting and analytical processes regarding MAS100 accounting system and other inter-related back-office/middleware systems such as AccellosWarehouse Management Systems (WMS), EDI by using a variety of techniques ranging from simple data aggregation to complex data mining.
- Works with clients, project and business leaders to identify analytical requirements to deliver high quality BI solutions and analyses and takes ownership for data quality, report quality and customer satisfaction.
- Performs unit and user acceptance testing of reporting modules, analyzes test results, and corrects problems.
- Participate in first level of production support activities and resolves escalated support issues.
- Generates new code and corrects, converts, and/or modifies existing code to meet specifications.
- Communicates regular progress reports and provides input to regarding annual goals and training plans.
- Actively supports colleagues by sharing information about the department, business unit and organization.
- Maintains knowledge of current Business Intelligence industry trends and organizations by attending appropriate training seminars on business unit interests, computer applications, and additional knowledge-based opportunities as necessary.
- Contributes to standards, process creation, process automation, process improvement projects through data analytics, and statistical analysis.
- Performs other related duties as assigned per the IT Director.
- Experience with creating outstanding end-customer experiences B2C (Business to Customer) as well as B2B (Business to Business)
- Ability to perform all aspects of website analysis and report development ranging from requirement gathering to creating advanced dashboards while demonstrating the ability to deliver results in a dynamic environment
- Proven working experience in web programming
- 3+ years’ experience with a relational database and BI report development preferably with Sage100, EDI standards, WMS, Magento, SQL Server, MS Access, Crystal Reports, Tableau and SSRS.
- Expert in designing and developing Data Source Views, Dimensions, Hierarchies, Cubes and Reports.
- Clear and concise understanding of data movement (ETL), Business Intelligence and industry trends.
- Create ETL processes and development of charts and reports for reporting initiatives.
- Understanding of Business Intelligence Industry and trends
- Advanced knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process
- Understanding of Industry and trends
- Must be a team player with effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to interact professionally with internal and external parties.
- Understanding of query driven applications and reporting, and logical and physical data models.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Strong creative thinking, problem solving and analytical skills.
- High commitment to excellent service levels and satisfaction with partners.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task are necessary.
- Detail-oriented outlook coupled with ability to manage time effectively, plan ahead and meet deadlines.
- Good business writing and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Web development or similar background required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience will be accepted.
- 3 years’ experience with data warehousing and SQL preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience with Microsoft SQL Server, Sage MAS100, and other BI tools or statistical programming experience highly preferred.
- Strong understanding of data movement (ETL), Business Intelligence and industry trends.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Frequently required to stand; walk; use of hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; and to talk; or hear. Ability to lift and/ or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color and depth vision. Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock or vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud. Exposure to allergens such as Soy, Wheat, Tree Nuts, Milk/Dairy, eggs etc.
To be considered for the above position, please submit your resume to email@example.com
At Honeyville, Inc., career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their skills and professional growth to support our business objectives.
rev. date- 11/9/2018