CDL Truck Driver – Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Number of Positions: One (1), 1st Shift
The Truck Driver will support the day-to-day operations of the Transportation department and ensure efficient operations and safe working practices. This position reports directly to the Transportation Supervisor.
Driving & Unloading:
- Assist supervisor or manager with any transportation needs.
- Ensure that equipment is always clean and operable. Follow proper driving, loading, and unloading techniques.
- Operate vehicles with care and safely at all times and in all places.
- Maintain open communication with leadership and ask questions when in doubt about any procedures assigned.
- Perform all tasks assigned in a timely manner.
- Inspect vehicle (pre-trip & post-trip). Advise supervisor of any deficiencies or safety related items found during the inspection.
- Make sure that trailers are clean and presentable.
- Use proper unloading techniques with the electric pallet-jacks or hand-stack.
- Report any accidents or damages, along with names, addresses, phone numbers, and insurance information to leadership immediately.
- Be trained and follow procedures correctly, to load or unload different trailers; vans, bulk, bulk oil, etc.
- Required to follow all Federal and State regulations pertaining to Commercial Drivers such as maintaining driver log and other required documentation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Safety shall be a primary concern when operating a Commercial Vehicle.
- Drivers are to keep their interior of the vehicles clean and in good operating condition.
- Proper driving techniques shall be used on roadways.
- Drivers represent Honeyville and will conduct themselves in a courteous and professional manner to our customers and the public.
- Visually inspect load prior to leaving.
- Ensure that all loaded and unloaded products are of the best possible quality.
- Record any findings of contamination or infestation and report it to leadership immediately.
- Required to follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) by wearing hair nets and bump hats where applicable at Honeyville or Customers facilities.
- Keep good personal hygiene habits.
- Notify leadership of any quality problems or concerns.
General Sanitation and Maintenance:
- Be aware of cleanliness of equipment; tractors, trailers, pallet jacks.
- Empty trash as needed and maintain a clean and sanitary vehicle.
- Keep samples and take photos of any unusual findings.
- Consistently maintain equipment by completing repair order forms.
- Complete and maintain all required inspection forms.
- Be neatly organized with all forms and paperwork.
- Review Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports (DVIR) prior to driving.
- Assist in other Production and Warehouse operations as needed.
- Follow all Company Safety Regulations as found in the Safety Handbook.
- Follow all rules, procedures and regulations implemented by Honeyville, Inc.
- Be courteous while driving and when delivering.
- Drivers cannot operate Company Vehicles while under the influence of any substance that can impair driving ability.
- Always fasten seat belts (passengers also).
- Texting is not allowed while driving a company vehicle.
- Phones can only be used with hands free devices.
- Drivers may not carry passengers unless it is an employee of Honeyville Inc.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- Drivers are to have a current Commercial Driver License (CDL) and Medical card. Be trained and licensed to operate a commercial vehicle and operate it in a safe and efficient manner.
- HazMat and Tanker endorsements are also required.
To be considered for the above position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
At Honeyville, Inc., career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their skills and professional growth to support our business objectives.
rev. date- 8/10/2018