For the last 18 years I’ve been married to a total and undeniable cheesecake addict. My husband will wake up at two in the morning and if he remembers there is cheesecake in the fridge, I’ll find a fork and an empty pan in the sink by morning. At my house we like the real cheesecake more than the instant powdered jell-o cheesecakes…not that there’s anything wrong with those. However, if I’m going to indulge in a dessert, than I want it to be the real deal. There’s just something to be said about the velvety smooth texture and overwhelming richness of a real cheesecake. There’s also something to be said about how long it takes to usually bake such a cheesecake! The “something to be said” that usually comes to my mind as a baker is “Ugh!”. I want all the texture and marvelousness…without the fuss and the time in the kitchen. So here’s something that caught my attention. Fagor’s Cheesecake recipe cooked in the pressure cooker! This recipe is adapted to use a few things from food storage, but you’ll never be able to tell! Plus, the flavors are incredible!
One of my favorite additions to this Organic Coconut Sugar.
It gives the cheesecake a natural caramel undertone and because it is a lower glycemic index than regular sugar, you’ll find it to be a good choice for diabetics.
Once the cheesecake is cooked in the Fagor Electric Pressure Cooker, I let it set up a few minutes before removing it from the pan. I’ve had the best results chilling the pan in the fridge for a few hours before removing it from the pan. However you do it, you’re going to love how easy and outstandingly smooth this cheesecake turns out in 20 minutes! Say hello to perfect cheesecake…every time.
Chef Tess Pressure Cooker Caramel Orange Cheesecake
Adapted from Fagor’s Cheesecake recipe
Pressure Cooking Time: 20 min
1lb softened Cream Cheese
1 cup Honeyville Cream Cheese Powder (Honeyville Retail Stores)
½ cup Organic Coconut Sugar
1 ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract or Vanilla bean paste
Zest of 1 Orange
1. Add 3 cups water to a Fagor Electric Pressure Cooker, place an interior rack down into the water. Use an 8-inch spring form pan wrapped with aluminum foil or an 8X4 inch non-stick circular cake pan lined with 8 inch circle of parchment paper.
2. Using a mixer blend the cream cheese, cream cheese powder, sugar , vanilla orange zest together.
3. Hydrate egg crystals with 1 cup of water and slowly add mixture to cream cheese mixture. Pour into the prepared pan, cover the top with foil tightly.
4. Lower the cheesecake into the pressure cooker with a wire or piece of foil, carefully. Close and lock. Cook for 20 minutes at high pressure.
5. Release pressure using natural release method. Carefully remove the pan, being very careful remove foil; there will be a lot of steam. Cool the cheesecake in the fridge.
Chocolate Raspberry: Add 1 cup dry Honeyville Raspberry Hot Cocoa Powder and ½ cup Honeyville Baker’s Cocoa in step 1. Proceed as directed.
There you go. Make a quick and remarkable cheesecake!