So, You Want to Grow an Orchard, or Just a Fruit Tree or Two in Your Yard
October 25 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Greg’s favorite plants to nurture at the Urban Farm are the fruit trees. Yet if your are just starting out, the selection of fruit trees that you can grow is vast – peaches, apples, apricots, plums, figs, citrus and more – and discovering just what works and how to pick a perfect fruit tree for your yard can be perplexing. Join Greg as he walks you through the most important things to know about growing multiple fruit trees in your yard. It REALLY is quite simple.
You will learn:
• The single biggest thing that you need to know when growing fruit trees in the desert
• Why nurseries of all kinds sell you fruit trees that will never make fruit
• Different layout options so you can have more of the trees you want
• How to spread out your fruit tree harvest over months rather than weeks
• A watering technique that virtually guarantees success
So if you are ready to create your personal orchard, or you just want a few in your yard, it takes a little planning in the beginning and your goals can be attained – it starts here.