Salt Lake City Retail Sales Associate: Part Time
Since 1951 Honeyville Inc. has remained a family-owned leader in food ingredient manufacturing and long-term food storage. Whether you are a home baking enthusiast or an emergency preparedness aficionado, Honeyville has what you want and even some things you didn’t know you wanted.
Speaking of things you didn’t know you wanted, did you know Honeyville has openings for Retail Sales Associates?
- Do you like to bake and/or cook?
- Are you passionate about making a lasting impression with customers?
- Have you ever had cravings?
- Were they cravings for a job that you love?
(We encourage our staff to bake with our products and sample it out to customers).
Sounds like a great opportunity, right? Well, if you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, you should probably apply for the job. Let’s look at a few qualifications we need our applicants to meet:
- Unparalleled customer service skills.
- Possess a positive attitude and a strong desire to learn.
- Ability to lift 50lbs. (for example: bags of wheat, flour, oats etc.).
- Experience using a cash register system.
*This is not a comprehensive list of all qualifications and job duties.
Honeyville is pleased to announce the opening of a Store Clerk position at our Salt Lake City, UT retail store location. The following is a brief description of the position:
- Title: Cashier
- Reports To: Store Manager/Assistant Store Manager
- Location: 389 West 1830 South, Salt Lake City, UT, 84115
- Position: part time approximately 16 – 24 hours per week, 2 to 3 days per week.
- Provides the highest level of customer service and education on products to customers
- Learn about and have a working knowledge of the products in the store
- Count till before and after your shift and ensures the security of the register drawer
- Review price sheets and be aware of price changes and sale items.
- Be available to answer questions and be aware of customer needs
- Notify store manager or assistant manager of any customer Request , special orders or customer complaints.
Check Out Process
- Operates cash register, scanner, and computer to itemize and total customer’s purchases.
- Enters charges for all items, subtracts value of discounts, coupons, or returns, totals bill, accepts payment of cash, personal checks, charge and debit cards.
- Checks Identification when required by transaction.
- Makes change and counts back change for the customer.
- Counts the money in cash drawer at the beginning and the end of each work shift and fills out the cash box reconciliation form.
- Assist the stock clerk in keeping shelves stocked display prices as assigned
- Assist the stock clerk in cleaning product, store shelving and floors to maintain the overall look and cleanliness of the store.
- Other assignments as needed according to the needs of the store.
- Retail experience preferred
- Must be able to operate a cash register and handle all transactions accurately
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Must be flexible in working hours and able to work occasional Saturdays
- Cooking, baking, food storage experience highly preferred.
- Must have a positive, cheerful attitude and enjoy working with the public
Please send your resume and any questions on the position to: