Honeyville is pleased to announce the opening of a Quality Technician – Honeyville Mill Utah location. Closing date is: 12/23/2016. The following is a brief description of the position:
The Candidate should be detail oriented with better than average communication skills, both written and verbal. Must have advanced organizational skills and the ability to complete and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. He/she should possess a professional demeanor and exceptional problem solving skills, with an emphasis on providing solutions. Candidate must be results oriented, data driven and have the ability to meet deadlines. He/she should be a team player with strong interpersonal skills who demonstrates good judgement, integrity and personal initiative. Candidate should be able to stand on his/her convictions if decisions are questioned by others, and be able to clearly explain reasoning. This position reports directly to the Quality Manager.
This Position Reports Directly To: Quality Manager
Location: Honeyville, Utah
Position: Full Time – Full Benefits
HR Contact: email@example.com or Call 435-494-4200
- Quality Assurance and product testing
- Provide technical feedback to Team Members
- Voice of Food Safety and enforce quality/food safety practices on shift
- Quality record keeping and testing of all incoming grain and raw ingredients
- Sales of feed grains and mill by-products
- Perform additional assignments and directives provided by Plant Leadership.
- Work standing or walking for the majority of most working shifts.
- Knowledge of Food Safety principles including: GMPs, SQF and HACCP
- Perform strenuous activities, including but not limited to pushing, pulling, lifting, twisting, and walking. Must be able to work at heights of greater than 50 feet or more. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. repeatedly.
- Basic math skills and literacy.
- Computer operation skills and experience with Microsoft Office programs (Word and Excel).
- Ability to understand and operate basic product testing equipment.
- High level of organizational skills, including written and verbal communication, creative problem solving, and commitment to company goals.
- Able to perform lab testing with a basic understanding of general chemistry and laboratory techniques.
- Research and data analysis skills.
- Forklift operation experience/skills.
- A good attitude towards continuous improvements to food safety and quality programs.
- Flexible to meet production scheduling demands.
- Schedule: MUST BE FLEXIBLE TO WORK 1st OR 2ND SHIFT- Shift hours may vary.
To be considered for the above position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org