Honeyville is pleased to announce the opening of a QA Technician – Honeyville Ogden, UT location. Closing date is 4/21/2017. The following is a brief description of the position:
The QA Technician will assure and monitor the adherence to GMPs, SOPs, Food Safety regulations, and product and customer specifications. The QA Technician will be responsible for gathering raw material and finished good samples and perform testing to ensure that the product meets specification. This position reports directly to the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Sample and test incoming ingredients, labels, and packaging materials
- Organize and maintain retain samples
- Perform pre-operational inspection and verify line start up procedures
- Environmental sampling and testing
- Monitor production processes
- Random checks for compliance to GMPs and SOPs
- Lot code verifications
- Verify and monitor CCPs
- Perform In process quality checks and AQLs
- Perform in-process testing (organoleptic, physical testing, allergen testing)
- Prepare samples for 3rd party laboratory testing
- Maintain hold and release program
- Internal GMP Auditing
- Follow up on adherence to pre-requisite programs. Verify documentation for Sanitation logs, PM logs, building cleaning logs, Pest Control logs, daily calibration verification logs, and etc.
- Perform and monitor calibration verifications and perform internal calibration of lab equipment
- Assist with Customer Complaint investigations, RCA on detected non-conformances, Corrective Actions, Rework, etc.
- Initiate and assign Corrective Actions and follow up on and assist in closing outstanding Corrective Actions
- Review end of production paperwork
- Create Certificates of Analysis
- Assist in the maintenance and creation of specification sheets
- Train Team Members on GMP and Food Safety principles
- Ensure Food Safety, and Food Defense and Security, and adherence to Current Good Manufacturing Practices.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- High School Diploma plus 2+ years’ experience in the food industry as food tech/QA/food safety with a background in food manufacturing preferred
- Experience with Auditing in a GMP environment and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Food safety experience, with strong working knowledge of US food manufacturing including Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)’s, SOP’s, HACCP, SQF, Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) readiness and compliance, auditing, and inspections as well as environmental guidelines.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
To be considered for the above position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
At Honeyville, Inc., career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their skills and professional growth to support our business objectives.