Honeyville is pleased to announce the opening of a Purchasing Agent – Honeyville Ogden Utah location. Closing date is: 4/17/2017. The following is a brief description of the position:
The Purchasing Agent supports and executes on production and sourcing strategies. Ensures the timely purchasing of raw goods and supplies. Responsible for goods and services priced according to contracts established by the Supply Chain Manager and/or Contract Analyst. Manages suppliers with meeting the terms of the agreement around performance and quality of raw goods and supplies. The role of the Purchasing Agent is to collaborate with the Supply Chain Manager, Contact Analyst and the Production Planner to meet the internal and external stakeholder needs. This position reports directly to the Supply Chain Manager.
- Support Production Manager and Production Planner in sourcing products to meet production schedule.
- Daily placement of orders and follow up with suppliers on order status.
- Working order confirmations, price discrepancies, delivery timelines, and upcoming production schedules.
- Works to automate the order process through EDI.
- Supports the procurement portion of the procure-to-pay process, including the purchase of inventory and non-inventory goods, services, and maintenance contracts.
- Responsible for working with Production Planner to determine product availability, stocking and replenishment strategies, supplier value and risk assessments.
- Assures timely delivery of goods and performance of vendors, on existing and new product launches.
- Supports supplier compliance to agreements within the scope and authority of the position.
- Ability to communicate effectively to peers and department stakeholders
- Experience in supporting strategies, timelines, and financial targets
- Ability to develop effective communications, including plans and schedules
- Demonstrates the ability to support the Supply Chain strategy
- Self-motivated desire to continuously improve processes within scope of responsibility
- Develop a strong working relationship with vendors and suppliers
- Use negotiation skills with vendors to meet our production schedules, secure pricing, and eliminate additional costs
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills necessary to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Champion the Company’s Vision, Mission and Core Values in every action and decision.
- Perform assignments and directives provided by leadership.
- Adheres to all safety guidelines Standards of performance (SOP’s), Good Manufacturing Processes (GMP’s), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP).
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or (6) year’s relevant experience.
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office and ERP preferred.
- Knowledge of the master data that drives the forecasting, planning, production scheduling, and shipping functionality.
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of management.
- Ability to understand and share the Supply chain strategy.
- Ability to develop effective and appropriate formal communications, including plans and schedules.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills necessary to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrates a critical mindset toward appropriately questioning and analyzing alternatives to meet customer strategies.
- A self-motivated desire for continuous improve processes within the scope of responsibilities.
- Strong negotiation skills with Suppliers to obtain, delivery, and price products according to our agreements.
- Demonstrates solid business acumen for production and supply chain processes.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Frequently required to stand; walk; use of hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl, and to talk; or hear. Ability to lift and/ or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color and depth vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud. Exposure to allergens such as Soy, Wheat, Tree Nuts, Milk/Dairy, eggs etc.
For consideration, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
At Honeyville, Inc., career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their skills and professional growth to support our business objectives.