Production Team Lead
Honeyville is pleased to announce the opening of a Production Team Lead – Honeyville Ogden Utah location. Closing date is 9/1/2017. The following is a brief description of the position:
The Production Team Lead will assist and oversee Production Team Members. The Production Team Lead will assist the production line in the preparation and packaging of food products. This position reports directly to the Production Supervisor.
- Responsible for the training and development/ coaching of all team members.
- Assist with startup, running and stopping/shut down of equipment.
- Assign and oversee team members assigned to production line, account for output of product and down time
- Assist with measuring, grading and feeding batches of raw materials into production machinery.
- Assure proper ingredients, lot numbers and date codes are correct for each product run on the line.
- Pour materials into machine hopper, ensure conformance to specifications.
- Feed or place items onto equipment for processing.
- Assist in cleaning the production area and equipment by sweeping, mopping, and removing debris.
- Load and unload items from machines, carts, and dollies.
- Packs up completed products and prepares them for shipment.
- Pull damaged or ineffective product off the line. Mark parts or product for identification. Communicates these events to the Production Supervisor.
- Place equipment on conveyor belt for further processing.
- Remove product and machine attachments.
- Scrape waste material from machine.
- Read and interpret gauges, record data.
- Load and unload processing equipment.
- Any tasks that support the processes of the production & packaging of the products on their line.
- Must be willing and able to work on the other lines as required by the production schedule.
- Champion the Company’s Vision, Mission and Core Values in every action and decision.
- Perform assignments and directives provided by the Supervisor.
- Adheres to all safety guidelines Standards of performance (SOP’s), Good Manufacturing Processes (GMP’s), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP).
- Communicates regularly with the Production Supervisor.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- High School Diploma preferred.
- Must be over the age of 18.
- The ability to obtain a Food Handler’s Permit.
- Previous experience in a food-packaging environment preferred.
- Since all equipment documents and manuals are written in English they must have the ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions in English.
- Possesses knowledge of the structure and function of production equipment.
- Works efficiently and manages time effectively.
- Possesses physical strength and stamina required to stand, walk, and lift for long periods of time.
- Possesses physical dexterity necessary to assemble small and delicate product parts.
- Basic math skills.
- The ability to work quickly, methodically and ability to concentrate while doing repetitive tasks.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Frequently required to stand; walk; use of hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; and to talk; or hear. Ability to lift and/ or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color and depth vision. Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock or vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud. Exposure to allergens such as Soy, Wheat, Tree Nuts, Milk/Dairy, eggs etc.
To be considered for the above position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
At Honeyville, Inc., career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their skills and professional growth to support our business objectives.