Honeyville is pleased to announce the opening of a Production Supervisor – Honeyville Ogden Utah location. Closing date is 4/9/2017. The following is a brief description of the position:
The Production Supervisor will be responsible for improving performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability through effective methods and strategies. The Production Supervisor plays an integral role in driving and supporting our business goals and objectives for profitable, sustainable growth. The Production Supervisor will provide excellent leadership and build collaborative teams, to bring about results. The Production Supervisor will “lead by example” and act as a proactive liaison between production personnel and leadership to champion change initiatives and continuous improvement. The Production Supervisor has direct responsibility for the Production functions. This position reports directly to the Operation Manager.
- Champion the Company’s Vision, Mission and Core Values in every action and decision.
- Lead and supervise the assigned operation to meet customer Quality and On-Time-Delivery requirements, while controlling cost, and maintaining a safe working environment.
- Develop and maintain an engaged, positive and effective manufacturing organization through selection, training/development, and motivation of the workforce.
- Create and analyze key performance indicators and take appropriate action(s) to ensure safety, quality, production, and growth goals are met.
- Provide leadership and commitment in support of continuing improvements in quality, productivity, and delivery performance.
- Enforces Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE’s), quality and proper documentation of processes.
- Champion positive cultural change and employee engagement through collaboration, communication, accountability and a continuous learning environment.
- Establish “Visual Workplace” and Key Performance Indicators for areas of responsibility.
- Support the organization through new product introduction phase to ensure customer product development and production delivery objectives are met.
- Provide leadership and direction to the workforce in a manufacturing environment; establishes production priorities and schedules consistent with unit goals. Responsible for maintaining cost budgets within the area of responsibilities.
- Strict adherence to budgets and resource plans, and monitoring performance, to achieve product delivery and financial requirements.
- Actively works to resolve problems with team members. Monitor shift operations/production. Oversee shift operational performance for assigned work area.
- Coordinate and assist with corporate initiatives and participating on teams in order to drive best practices across Honeyville, Inc.
- Oversee resource planning, workforce planning, talent development and performance management and coaching/discipline for the production department.
- Verifies ingredients, lot and date codes and packaging materials after each changeover. Ensures that there is a process in place to verify these items.
- Perform assignments and directives provided by the Operations and Plant Managers.
- Operates a variety of production equipment. Demonstrates knowledge of food preparation, mixing, assembly, and packaged foods methods and processes. Is always looking for ways to improve these processes to maximize uptime and reduce resource usage.
- Minimum of 3 years combined related work experience in food production or manufacturing environment including a minimum of 3 year(s) of successful leadership experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change in an organization.
- Sound financial understanding with the ability to formulate strategies based on financial data.
- Experienced in the use of statistical tools/methodologies such as Theory of Constraints (TOC), Toyota Production Systems, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Lean, Six Sigma and other throughput methodologies.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing principles and how they affect the overall success of the business.
- Demonstrated ability to perform root cause analyses, suggest, and implement long-term fixes for these items.
- Proven ability to collaborate with a wide variety of audiences with differing perspectives and frames of reference.
- Computer literate, including knowledge of and competence in manufacturing-related systems and Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to travel as required (up to 25%)
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain/Logistics, Business Management, Engineering, Communications or other related field or relevant experience is preferred.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Frequently required to stand; walk; use of hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl, and to talk; or hear. Ability to lift and/ or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color and depth vision. Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, the risk of electrical shock or vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud. Exposure to allergens such as Soy, Wheat, Tree Nuts, Milk/Dairy, eggs etc.
To be considered for the above position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
At Honeyville, Inc., career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their skills and professional growth to support our business objectives.