Honeyville is pleased to announce the opening of a Production Planner – Honeyville Ogden Utah location. Closing date is 4/13/2017. The following is a brief description of the position:
The production planner prepares and plans the production schedule for manufactured goods. Develops a master schedule to establish sequence and lead times of each operation to meet customer delivery schedule. Creates and analyzes production specifications for raw good and supporting product needs/availability, plant capacity, manufacturing process time, equipment, and staffing requirements. Plans and schedules sequencing of goods from production to shipment. This position reports directly to the Supply Chain Manager.
- Plan, prepare, maintain, and report on the performance of scheduling and production.
- Work with management to determine appropriate production times, consider factors such as equipment specifications, product allergens, and raw material availability.
- Responsible for converting demand requirements into the master production schedule, managing expedites delays, and/or cancellations.
- Manages obsolete and discontinued items, minimizing the financial impact on the company.
- Ensures inventory turns are 30-45 days.
- Responsible for day-to-day issues such as quality, rejections, schedule delays, and/or changes.
- Ensures products needed for production are managed daily.
- Work with the buyer on delivery schedules and product availability.
- Resolve problems by applying logic and common sense, while ensuring internal stakeholders and customer’s timelines are met.
- Apply system and workflow skills, optimizing speed to market capability and reduces non-value added activities.
- Develops a consensus among various level stakeholders on production and financial improvement through analysis.
- Supports the Supply Chain team in absence of the manager.
- Track production times, input data and create analytical reporting as well as lead production meetings.
- Champion the Company’s Vision, Mission and Core Values in every action and decision.
- Perform assignments and directives provided by leadership.
- Adheres to all safety guidelines Standards of performance (SOP’s), Good Manufacturing Processes (GMP’s), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP).
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field or (6) year’s relevant experience plus financial and analytical certification.
- Experience in production management, manufacturing, production planning.
- American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) certification preferred.
- Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) preferred.
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office and DBR+ preferred.
- Knowledge of forecasting, planning, production scheduling, and shipping functionality and processes.
- Knowledge of the master data that drives the forecasting, planning, production scheduling, and shipping functionality.
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of management.
- Ability to understand and share the Supply chain strategy.
- Ability to develop effective and appropriate formal communications, including plans and schedules.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills necessary to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrates a critical mindset toward appropriately questioning and analyzing alternatives to meet customer strategies.
- Self-motivated desire to continuously improve processes within the scope of responsibilities.
- Strong negotiation skills to plan and implement production schedules.
- Demonstrates solid business acumen for production and supply chain processes.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Frequently required to stand; walk; use of hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl, and to talk; or hear. Ability to lift and/ or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color and depth vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud. Exposure to allergens such as Soy, Wheat, Tree Nuts, Milk/Dairy, eggs etc.
To be considered for the above position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
At Honeyville, Inc., career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their skills and professional growth to support our business objectives.