Honeyville is pleased to announce the opening of a Maintenance Technician – Honeyville Ogden Utah location. Closing date is: 3/31/2017. The following is a brief description of the position:
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic components of production equipment, utility and facility support equipment, all using hand tools, power tools, shop tools, and equipment as well as precision measuring instruments. This position will visually inspect and listen to machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions and keep equipment operational as well as perform reliability and preventative maintenance. The Maintenance Technician plays an essential role in helping the plant provide high-quality product and efficient service to our customers by minimizing operational downtime and maximizing plant uptime and productivity.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and facility equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and perform scheduled maintenance during planned assignment.
- Perform mechanical skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair, i.e. vertical packaging, blending, form fill equipment and all other production and packaging equipment in the facility.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report these and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with LOTO, safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Participates in continuous education and training sessions to remain current on changes to equipment.
- Respond to maintenance calls throughout the shift and quickly as possible and use every opportunity to help train Team Leads and team members as needed to prevent revisits of reoccurring issues for setup or operational items.
- Responsible for follow up on preventative maintenance and PM’s.
- Be engaged always in, identifying and helping implement long-term fixes for any reliability issues.
- Comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Plant Leadership.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- High School Diploma and preferably completion of an IAMT program.
- They must have the ability to use a variety of hand tools and power tools, electric meters, welders and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Must be a self-starter able to work alone and feel comfortable working in a team environment.
- Since all equipment documents and manuals are written in English they must have the ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions in English.
- They must have a high school education, and preferably completion of an Industrial Automation Maintenance Technician certificate from the Department of Labor.
- A degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance is a plus.
- Two years of multi skilled experience working with pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical/electronic systems is preferred.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Frequently required to stand; walk; use of hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl, and to talk; or hear. Ability to lift and/ or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color and depth vision. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, the risk of electrical shock or vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud.
To be considered for the above position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org