Honeyville is pleased to announce the opening of a Maintenance Supervisor – Honeyville Ogden Utah location. Closing date is: 3/31/2017. The following is a brief description of the position:
The Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for any of the following duties: planning and supervising the execution of cost effective and timely maintenance necessary for the operation of all equipment. This includes directing, coordinating, and supporting maintenance personnel, working with contractors, vendors, or company engineering in the reliability, modification or installation of equipment, and troubleshooting and resolving new and/or different technical problems regarding equipment. This position reports directly to the Operations Manager.
- Manages day- to-day activities of a team of direct reports and communicates daily with Operations Manager.
- Supports operational departments by maintaining equipment and resolves mechanical malfunctions to increase productivity, job capabilities, and equipment capabilities at the department’s request.
- Establishes and maintains a positive work environment including but not limited to personal development, training, performance management, and safety.
- Work with contractors and vendors to ensure that work performed is completed in the most efficient, cost-effective and timely manner.
- Analyzes maintenance work orders and assigns maintenance personnel to complete all necessary orders. Follows up with the assigned personnel as needed until the order is complete.
- Able to prioritize daily work and change schedule as needed to meet trouble calls and breakdowns as required.
- Plan and execute projects in conjunction with what is assigned by the Operations Manager.
- Controlling inventories, parts ordering, and vendor communication. Focus on improving operations and improving costs.
- Assists in the scheduling of maintenance team to ensure projects are completed.
- Develop and implement a robust and thorough preventative maintenance program to help ensure
up-time of the equipment and facility.
- Supports SQF (Safe Quality Foods) by maintaining food safety and food quality through completing job tasks and maintaining the work area in a sanitary manner.
- Serves as backup to those employees in the leadership role within the Operations Function, and gives technical support and guidance as needed.
- Perform assignments and directives provided by the Operations Manager and Plant Manager.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in maintenance within a plant with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a leadership/supervisory role in maintenance within a manufacturing environment.
- Solid experience in Lean Manufacturing and Theory of Constraints methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience within mechanical and electrical systems. Working knowledge of manufacturing principles and how they affect the overall success of the business.
- Demonstrated ability to perform root cause analyses and suggest and implement long-term fixes.
- Proven ability to collaborate with a wide variety of audiences with differing perspectives and frames of reference.
- Computer literate, including knowledge of and competence in manufacturing-related systems and Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to travel as required (up to 25%)
Associates Degree or higher preferred and/or certifications from a technical/vocational school or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
To be considered for the above position, please submit your resume to email@example.com