IT Systems Analyst
Honeyville is pleased to announce the opening of an IT Systems Analyst – Honeyville Ogden Utah location. Closing date is: 3/31/2017. The following is a brief description of the position:
The IT Systems Analyst proactively participates in designing, developing and evolving high quality, extensible Business Intelligence (BI) solutions and interpretation of results using a variety of techniques ranging from simple data aggregation to complex data mining. This individual will be responsible for creating complex reporting and analytics processes to support Honeyville’s analytical needs interfacing with both internal and external clients. In addition, they will perform all aspects of analysis and report development ranging from requirement gathering to creating advanced dashboards while demonstrating the ability to deliver results in a dynamic environment. Experience with E-Commerce and web development also a plus. This position reports directly to the Director of IT.
- Develops and implements complex reporting and analytical processes regarding MAS100 and other inter-related back-office systems such as Accellos Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), EDI by using a variety of techniques ranging from simple data aggregation to complex data mining.
- Works with clients, project and business leaders to identify analytical requirements to deliver high-quality BI solutions and analyses and takes ownership for data quality, report quality, and customer satisfaction.
- Performs unit and user acceptance testing of reporting modules, analyzes test results and corrects problems.
- Participate in the first level of production support activities and resolves escalated support issues.
- Generates new code and corrects, converts, and/or modifies existing code to meet specifications.
- Communicates regular progress reports and provides input to regarding annual goals and training plans.
- Actively supports colleagues by sharing information about the department, business unit, and organization.
- Maintains knowledge of current Business Intelligence industry trends and organizations by attending appropriate training seminars on business unit, computer applications, and additional knowledge-based opportunities as necessary.
- Contributes to standards, process creation, process automation, process improvement projects through data analytics, and statistical analysis.
- Performs other related duties as assigned per the IT Director.
- 5+ years’ experience with a relational database and BI report development preferably with Sage100, EDI standards, WMS, Magento, SQL Server, MS Access, Crystal Reports, and SSRS.
- Expert in designing and developing Data Source Views, Dimensions, Hierarchies, Cubes and Reports.
- Clear and concise understanding of data movement (ETL), Business Intelligence and industry trends.
- Create ETL processes and development of charts and reports for reporting initiatives.
- Understanding of Business Intelligence Industry and trends
- Must be a team player with effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to interact professionally with internal and external parties.
- Understanding of query-driven applications and reporting, and logical and physical data models.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Strong creative thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- High commitment to excellent service levels and satisfaction with partners.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task are necessary.
- Detail-oriented outlook coupled with the ability to manage time effectively, plan ahead and meet deadlines.
- Good business writing and presentation skills.
- 3 years’ experience with data warehousing and SQL preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience with SQL Server, Sage MAS100, EDI import/exports, and other BI tools or statistical programming experience highly preferred.
- Strong understanding of data movement (ETL), Business Intelligence and industry trends.
To be considered for the above position, please submit your resume to email@example.com
At Honeyville, Inc., career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their skills and professional growth to support our business objectives.