IT Helpdesk Technician – Ogden
Honeyville is pleased to announce the opening of an IT Helpdesk Technician – Honeyville Ogden, UT location. Closing date is 5/31/2017. The following is a brief description of the position:
The IT Helpdesk Technician provides hands-on and remote support to internal and external clients on all company supported applications and systems. The position answers helpdesk requests, troubleshoots technical issues and performs preventative maintenance. This position serves as the face of IT addressing all issues with the highest degree of professionalism and product knowledge. Important Relationships: Daily interaction with all company staff including off-site personnel. Position involves regular communication with management, IT Staff and representatives of various departments. This position is based in our Ogden facility in Utah.
- Provide hardware and software technical support for internal users.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software application in a multiple operating system environments.
- Respond to and resolve helpdesk tickets, emails, calls and voicemails in a timely manner.
- Manage service ticket queue, prioritize requests and perform work to meet or exceed user expectations.
- Set up new desktops and laptops with necessary business applications.
- Configure and troubleshoot hardware as necessary (computers, printers, VoIP desk phones, mobile phones, networking, wiring, etc.).
- Troubleshoot and resolve desktop and laptop issues on Windows 7 to present.
- Detect and repair hardware on laptops, desktops, and servers.
- Configure and remotely support mobile devices such as iPhone/iPad, Android and other mobile devices.
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance on printers, copiers, fax machines, scanners and RF equipment.
- Demonstrate excellent and effective communication skills working in a collaborative environment.
- Experience managing incoming computer requests via email, phone and in person.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize and re-prioritize as necessary to meet deadlines.
- Experience managing service tickets to track all aspects of work performed.
- Assist with onboarding of new users
- Willing to train and learn new systems and be as proficient as possible
- Ability to lift and transport moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Support Honeyville’s overall mission and follow all standards, policies, procedures, and confidentiality guidelines.
- Must be able to travel between Office locations in Northern Utah area to help and assist users as needed.
- Uphold the Steadfast Core Values and Mission Statement.
- Maintain a professional image and attitude.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- Minimum three (3) years of experience with PC administration.
- Applicable education in IT-related background helpful
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with numerous departments and employees.
- Ability to learn and support new applications, use basic tools, equipment and procedures for repairing computers and peripheral devices.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook, and the ability to operate other standard office equipment, including telephones, calculators, copiers, fax machines, etc.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Office 365, and SQL.
- Working knowledge of Windows operating systems from Windows 7 to present.
- Experience with company accounting software, MAS 100 is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with anti-virus software, VPNs, LANs, TCP/IP Wan, Voice over IP, routers and configuring firewalls.
- Familiarity with helpdesk support ticketing systems such as Zendesk is helpful.
- Working knowledge of disk imaging tools such as Norton Ghost, Acronis.
Physical & Mental Demands:
Must be physically and mentally able to perform all of the duties listed under Duties and Responsibilities, all of which are deemed “essential functions of the job.” The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. The position requires the ability to lift and transport moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals, ability to sit, stand or walk for several hours, dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools or other computer components and ability to travel as necessary.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position; and will be reviewed by Management periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as deemed necessary.
To be considered for the above position, please submit your resume to email@example.com
At Honeyville, Inc., career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their skills and professional growth to support our business objectives.
rev. date- 5/17/2017